Don't be a hoser, be a Hoosier!

Good News! Christa not only had her big (18 + 26 page) paper published this month in the Bulletin of the Geological Society of America, she also got a job. For the next two years or so, we will all be Hoosiers in the great state of Indiana. Christa's post-doctoral fellowship will be at the PRIME lab at Purdue in West Lafayette (across the river from Lafayette), Indiana. The PRIME lab is one of the top radio-isotope dating facilities in the US. She will be doing more South American work and this time with cosmogenic nuclides included. Yes, my wife is a nuclear chemist! SWEET!!
We move (thank god!!) in November/December for her January start. I have only one thing to say...
snow.
How beautiful it will be to once again watch the leaves turn brown, the white snow fall from a gray sky, and to actually enjoy the sun. Now I have to burn rubber on my PhD before we leave, although I'm ABD and can move even I'm not finished.
So, congratulations to Christa on her hard work finally paying off.

4 Comments:
Hey, congratulations! That's fantastic. Though personally, I think I'd rather stay in Arizona. A friend of mine came from a small town in Indiana and when I asked her where it was, she said, "Oh, about twelve years ago."
12 years ago sounds kind'a nice (my halcyon college days). It also means the boys will be 30 when they're 18, doesn't it?
Kudos to the whole family! Ain't ABD life grand?
Congrats to Christa! I am so excited for all of you to start your new life in Indiana. Now you are so close to Oprah and the Mennonites, Yessss!!!!! I love you all!
Post a Comment
<< Home