Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Brrrr...my house is naked.

We've gone and got new siding for the home. Here is a picture of the house with it's old, masonite siding (I've heard lot's of different names for this, but it's essentially compressed particle board). Now, it doesn't look bad in the snow, but up close it was swelling and rotting. We had planned on replacing the siding earlier, but the blizzard of 07 moved it back a bit.



Now, underneath that rotten exterior is some plastic and awesome 2 x 6 planks of TIMBER. The good stuff — solid, thick and straight. Right out of 1910. No rot, no termites, just beautiful holocellulose wrapped in polyethylene goodness. The next pics will be of the finished product, I just need the sun to come out so I have a good comparison picture. The new siding is vinyl, and a vast improvement considering what it replaces.

And just for good measure, my sweets in the snow (Isaac is posing as a Minnesotan, note the cockeyed ear-flap hat and Miller Time in hand). What good fortune to live here with my girl and boys...

1 Comments:

Blogger Dan Potts said...

Chaco!
Check me out at www.ecosystemecologist.blogspot.com

Basically, I'm blaming you for this turn of events.

CB

11:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home