We are moved...
Well, we're finally ensconced in our new Indiana home. The temperature this morning was 12° F and I love it. The boys are unsure, and Christa has the mental institution on speed dial, ready to have me committed. Christa's parent's were very generous and hosted us at their house for a month while we transitioned from Tucson to Indiana, and we hunted about half that time. Christa and I both got deer and the first thing into our house was the venison.
The house is wonderful. It has tall, 12' ceilings and beautiful, original dark wood trim. The first night here, we ripped up an old carpet in Isaac's bedroom and discovered a mint condition hard woodfloor. The next day we painted our's and Alden's bedrooms, and then on Friday we moved all our stuff from the relo cubes to the house in the middle of a blizzard (AWESOME!).
Lafayette is a great city for family's. Lots of parks, a Christmas parade, indoor stuff to do. We're going to be sorry to leave I think. I go to San Francisco and Portland next week (it feels like I just settled down) for a conference and a visit, respectively. At least I won't be driving...
More with pictures later.
The house is wonderful. It has tall, 12' ceilings and beautiful, original dark wood trim. The first night here, we ripped up an old carpet in Isaac's bedroom and discovered a mint condition hard woodfloor. The next day we painted our's and Alden's bedrooms, and then on Friday we moved all our stuff from the relo cubes to the house in the middle of a blizzard (AWESOME!).
Lafayette is a great city for family's. Lots of parks, a Christmas parade, indoor stuff to do. We're going to be sorry to leave I think. I go to San Francisco and Portland next week (it feels like I just settled down) for a conference and a visit, respectively. At least I won't be driving...
More with pictures later.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home