Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Wikatrivia...

OK Here's my new smart idea...

Link Wikipedia and Trivial Pursuit(or TP for short). Just put a little TP pie in the upper corner, you'd click on the color you needed a question for, and -BOOM- you get a random question with a set difficulty in that category and a link to the answer (and wiki).

Someone make a beta for me to test drive (NO PINK QUESTIONS). Yeah, you could even have a feature where you get to select which categories you want to play (rather than just the traditional six – I hate entertainment). You could have a random category button. AND it would never get outdated. You could link video and graphics. Can you say You-Trivia. SWEET!!

Who would write the questions and categorize the wiki's? Why the same people who write and edit them. What would the wiki's be sorted by:

Category - (i.e history (sports, geography, television, movies, mid-Eighteenth century literature, women in war (tip of the hat to Quinn )). Most questions would be multi-category;

Difficulty - would be based on a running tally of how many right answers versus how many wrong answers (as more people played, the difficulty of each question would settle at the right place). Different players could select a difficulty for each category.

Date - the time frame or year of the event ("I'd like to play mid 19th century Trivial Pursuit with a medium difficulty and Entertainment, Early American Literature, War, Monarchy, Science and U.S Government as categories, please.")

Dust off that old blue box...

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

NO entertainment category? Sadly, my knowledge is very limited beyond entertainment- brother, you got all the brains. I love the idea and can't wait to play.

10:29 AM  
Blogger Jade said...

Oohhh... that sound fun! Only, I'd rather have the entertainment category, and skip the sports. The only sports question I've ever gotten right was something about hockey, and I said "Wayne Gretsky" - the only hockey name I know because a girl in 7th grade had a crush on him. It happened to be right, so it is my default answer for sports.

10:34 AM  
Blogger Andy said...

Ah, Trivial Pursuit. Once I was playing with a very good, VERY GAY friend (he makes me look like Sylvester Stallone) and every time we landed on the sports category it was like, "Oh, God, forget it, just take the die." Anyway, he made it to the center first, and I picked a sports question, because I am an evil horrible person.

It turned out to be a question something like, "Who won the silver medal at the 1968 world figure skating championships," and he knew.

1:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great idea! Cabin fever has its advantages. Looks like you'll need the entertainment category, but not sure how that will be compatible with the Wiki. Maybe no entertainment or sports.

12:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home