Saturday, August 12, 2006

Nice music...

A while back, Alden picked up a taste for classical music. He calls it nice music and has begun to demand it in the car whenever we turn on the news (no surprise, given the nature of the news today). However, last week while just Alden and I were dining at an Italian restraunt, I mentioned that they were playing nice music. His reply was hilarious, "That's not nice music, Daddy, that's opera!" My apologies, Andy, you can set him straight if and when we come to New York.

More nice pics from our trip to Oregon...

1 Comments:

Blogger Andy said...

No, actually, I think I probably agree with Alden. There's a lot of classical music I sort of use as "mood music" when I'm doing something...chamber music is especially helpful for housework, I've found. I'm not really "listening" to it, it's just there. It's nice.

But opera can't just be there. Opera demands your attention. Opera tells a story...and more often than not, not a "nice" story. Alden's onto something.

1:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home