Catchin' up
Ok, so it's been a while. It's hot. We have lots of cute pictures and antecdotes, but first, the basics. Isaac is standing on his own. Not often, but Papa, Christa and I have all seen him do it for 2 to 3 seconds. He also says, "dada, mama, and baba." I'll let you think about what that last one means. Isaac can also crawl all the way around the house, stairs and all (supervised, but untouched). Not my baby boy anymore, but getting cuter (and smarter) every day.

Alden is getting better at the potty, using it straight for the last 4 days, even at night! Did I mention it's really hot? He also enjoys wearing a backpack and flying his airplanes around the world (the inside of the house). When they land — well — as you can see he puts them in the hanger (he figured this one out himself, and I couldn't be more proud).
Alden also loves his vegetables, hence this conversation the other night:
Me: Alden eat all your food before you can have more.
Alden: I want more carrots, please.
Me: Alden, please eat your pizza before you can have more [his fifth helping] carrots.
Eat your heart out parents of teenagers!
Alden has become an even better swimmer, and now enjoys sinking to the bottom of the pool with dad while blowing bubbles. Even in the deep end (we go down about 4' and then right back up, he loves it). He is a joy!

Alden is getting better at the potty, using it straight for the last 4 days, even at night! Did I mention it's really hot? He also enjoys wearing a backpack and flying his airplanes around the world (the inside of the house). When they land — well — as you can see he puts them in the hanger (he figured this one out himself, and I couldn't be more proud).
Alden also loves his vegetables, hence this conversation the other night:Me: Alden eat all your food before you can have more.
Alden: I want more carrots, please.
Me: Alden, please eat your pizza before you can have more [his fifth helping] carrots.
Eat your heart out parents of teenagers!
Alden has become an even better swimmer, and now enjoys sinking to the bottom of the pool with dad while blowing bubbles. Even in the deep end (we go down about 4' and then right back up, he loves it). He is a joy!

2 Comments:
Nathan -- Happy Father's Day! (a bit late) The boys look great.
Oh my gosh, the boys are sooo cute. I cannot get over the hanger thing! So, so funny and clever. Both boys are obviously geniuses like their parents. I cannot wait to see all of you asap!!!
Post a Comment
<< Home