Daddy's Day Adventure...

Happy Father's Day! For mine, the boys and Christa took me hiking to Portland Arch, a sort of mini-canyonlands here in Indiana. We hopped off the trail pretty quick and elected to follow the creek, just deep enough to be interesting, but shallow enough to be passable along the length of our adventure. Along the way we saw fish, animal tracks, crinoid fossils, a venomous (?) snake, newly emplaced debris dams, and a large (I can fit my house in it) grotto/alcove. Isaac and Alden loved playing in the creek and on our return Alden found a large, well weathered cattle femur in the creek. He's convinced it's a dinosaur bone ("Now I really believe in dinosaurs!") and we aren't going to disabuse him of that notion.

Best line of the Week:
AE: Daddy, I made you a surprise for Father's Day.
NE: Don't tell me what it is, I want it to be a surprise.
AE: I won't...It holds pencils and other things.
NE: Don't tell me what it is! It should be a surprise.
AE: I didn't tell you what it was, I just told you what you can put in it.

1 Comments:
:)!
Post a Comment
<< Home