"I'm miserable."
And with that statement Alden has, and we accompanied, our first case of childhood bacterial pnumonia. The picture at right is what Alden feels like, except the bubbles. A fever modulating between 100 and 104 (where we promptly administered acetominophen and a wet washcloth, i.e. "the cold blanket"). Isaac is so far safe, and mom and dad feel fine, but we worry for our little boy. He probably got sick when "anonymous" in the previous post said Isaac was cuter :) Anonymous, you suck!We've seen the doctor and he's on the mend. One of the things western medicine has going for it, besides that it works most of the time, is bubble gum flavor. Alden's been a real trooper, but good thoughts for a speedy recovery will be read to him as they e-rrive.

5 Comments:
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
With Alden being sick does that in any way change the order in which you love your kids. Did Alden move from 1a to 1b?
what do you mean 1a and 1b? did you rank your kids?
So Nathan tagged me a while ago to list five things I enjoy.
1. His bog. More specifically, I like looking at his posted lullabys he sings to Alden and Isaac at bedtime. When Nathan says, "A Missour'able vacation", I wonder if the vacuum can remove my heart from the carpet. I even like it when he says, "You suck anonymous!"
1a. The blog in the morning when it says, "A new recipe." and then shows no pictures of his cute kids.
1b. The blog in the morning. Even when it is not new it brightens my day
1c. My computer.
1d. My keyboard.
2. Me...in my chair on a rainy Friday with a cold beer, a good blog entry, political or cute, a bag of popcorn, a six pack of Diet Coke and a pint of over priced ice cream. You...who cares, leave me alone... in fact, get lost on your way out, pinhead.
3. The feeling you get in your gut when the car accelerates down the road, because you know you're going somewhere and at the same time contributing to smog, acid rain, and global warming. As opposed to the feeling you get in your gut on the way back, THAT means the environment will no longer be controled by man. I love defeating something as powerful as mother nature.
4. Sitting in the woods under a tree in the late fall, at dusk or dawn, composing and forgetting great (winning) lottery numbers in my head, pondering the meaning of life, and wondering, "If I shoot that squirrel, will I be able to see it mentioned on the blog!"
5. Nathan. Last, but not least. No enumeration required, even though he is mentioned dead last.
Poor Alden! I had pneumonia last fall and was sick, sick, sick. Tell Alden we love him and are hoping for his speedy recovery. (and we hope the rest of you stay well)
Post a Comment
<< Home