Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Scratched your cornea lately?

So, hunting meat apples is not without risk. This last weekend in Missouri while out 4-wheeling around the farm in search of deer, I drove under a tree and a branch caught on the front of the atv and, predictably, snapped back into my unprotected left eye and scratched the cornea. Holy s*** it hurts! So, my ever loving wife drove me the two hours to Springfield so the doctor could put a UV dye in my eye, look at the scratches, give me a tetanus booster, some drugs and dilate my iris for comfort. The upside of a dilated iris and scratched cornea is that you feel like you're walking in an Ansel Adams photograph, overexposed with a soft lens focus. The crap side is that you can't see anything too clearly until it heals like new just a few days later.

Anyway, here's the pic that sums it all up. I think I look rather like the terminator.

Meat Apple report: Looks promising, one buck in hand, many doe in the bushes.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ouch! Love, Dad

9:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

patriotic eyeballs -- red, white and blue! happy birthday on Sunday!

2:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Day after birthday brother! I left a messege on the home phone, but I don't think you're there. You are darn hard to get ahold of. Love you all, sorry about the eye.

12:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home